From the WHYLD Community Plan that was developed in 2012 a number of projects with working groups evolved under the following titles:
Events – Organise events based on our agricultural and rural strengths creating an identity for the district and a focus for residents and visitors to come together.
- We have facilitated, supported and hosted a number of events that are held annually in the WHYLD district.
Caring & Connected Community – building connections between WHYLD individuals, businesses & groups
- We aim to distribute Resident Welcome Packs to new residents in the WHYLD district and hope this will be developed over the next 12 months.
Healthy Living – promote healthy diet & lifestyle.
- Minimarkets were held during 2014 & 2015 and we’d love to see them back. View our mini-markets evaluation.
Trails and Parks – development of an integrated system of trails linking each of the five towns with the Aqueduct Trail & the Warburton Rail Trail. View our proposed trail map loop.
- We submitted a proposal to Yarra Ranges Council for a trail loop between Don Valley & Woori Yallock
Vibrant Heart, Halls and Hubs – revitalise existing community halls and facilitate greater usage by local community.
- Did you know that our local halls are available for hire for reasonable rates?
Identity – uniting individual towns together as one WHYLD community.
- We are proud of the new logo developed in 2014
copyright WHYLD Community Group 2018